How to apply to a craft festival
There are two ways to apply to a craft festival. You may apply on Zapplication or complete a paper application.
Zapplication (Zapp). ZAPP® enables crafters to apply online to craft shows through a jurying website, ZAPPlication.org. The online application process allows crafters to upload digital images of their artwork for jury review. The application fee is $15 per show. If you have technical questions, please call Zapp at 888-562-7232.
To be considered for any of our shows, the following items will need to be submitted in your application package:
APPLICATION: A completed and signed application listing all the shows you are interested in.
PHOTOS OF WORK: (3) photos of your work. Please make sure these are good quality images, as you will be judged on what can be seen. Please do not send your images on CD's or via e-mail.
DISPLAY PHOTO: (1) photo of your OUTDOOR display; indoor images are not acceptable. We must see your entire display including your white tent.
APF'S/JURY FEE: There are NO application processing fees or jury fees for CRAFT EVENTS when applying with a paper application.
SHOW FEE: Please contact our offices via e-mail or phone for the show fee of each show. Prices vary. Some shows have specific application procedures, which must be followed. Minimum deposit amounts are imposed to begin the process of your submission.
RUSH/LATE FEES: American Craft Endeavors imposes rush/late fees on balances and applications RECEIVED within 30 days of the show. For Craft Shows, balances and/or applications must be RECEIVED in our offices at least 30 days prior to the event or a $30 rush/late fee will apply for each show. Please keep in mind this late fee will be imposed for EACH show that you apply to and/or balance payment is received. It is not when you mail it, but when we RECEIVE it. This fee is in addition to any applicable jury fees (Zapp) and full show fees. This fee will be due prior to your participation in the show. If applying to a show close to the thirty (30) day cut-off date, please include the full booth fee with the application. If you are applying for a show past the thirty (30) day cut-off date, please include the $30 late fee with the show fee.
BIOGRAPHY: We want to know about you and your work. Please include a bio on you, your inspirations, why you are a crafter and how you make your work. This could be beneficial in acquiring additional press for you during your events.
S.A.S.E: A self-addressed stamped envelope to return your photos. Please make sure that the envelope is large enough and has sufficient postage to return your photos. If there is not sufficient postage, your materials will be discarded.
S.A.S.E. POSTCARD: If you want to confirm that we have received your submission, enclose a self-addressed stamped postcard. Once we open your submission, we will drop the card in the mail with the date we received it. If you prefer, mail your submission in a traceable form and contact the carrier to confirm receipt. All carriers such as UPS, USPS, FEDEX and DHL all have a way to either call or track a package on the internet. This is the best way to confirm our receipt. Please keep in mind on a daily basis we can receive hundreds of submissions. Unfortunately, we do not have the capability to check on each piece that has arrived. Please allow 2-4 weeks to process your application. We appreciate your patience
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
Please be advised that ALL balances and cancellations will be due in our office AT LEAST 30 days prior to the show date.
If you are accepted, the remaining balance MUST be paid NO LATER than 30 days before the event or a $15 late fee will apply per show. If you are applying for a show less than 30 days before the event, the $15 late fee applies as well.
DEPOSITS: For most shows, a $50 deposit may be made in lieu of full booth fee ONLY if the event is more than 30 days away.
We DO NOT keep photos on file. No matter how many shows you have done with ACE, you MUST resubmit photos with each and every application. Acceptance into one show does not constitute acceptance into another show. Please also note that consistently sending your photos to us, will allow the jury and staff to be familiar with your work. We often receive phone calls from patrons who describe work and are looking to get in touch with you. Allowing us to stay familiar with your work, can increase your chances for additional sales.
APPLICATION: To avoid any miscommunication, it is imperative that you properly check the box next to your desired shows. We may have as many as 2 to 3 festivals at the same venue each year. We want to be sure we know exactly which one you are applying for.
CONFIRMATIONS If you are accepted, additional show information such as lodging, parking, set-up times, directions, etc. will be included in your confirmation. This will be emailed to you upon the acceptance of your submission. Please review this information carefully as it includes important event details.
E-MAIL: Please note that confirmations/acceptance letters, updates and announcements will be sent to you via email. Be sure to check your email account regularly.
JEWELERS: Please include a step-by-step outline of how you make your jewelry from start to finish, as well as photos illustrating these steps. Each show has certain guidelines and having this information complete with your submission will allow the jury to make an informed decision. If you make all your own beads, cut your stones, etc. be proud and let us know; it might just impress the jurors in your favor.
Jewelry and Clothing are two of our most popular categories. If you fall under one of these categories, be sure to send in your applications early, as spaces are limited. We recommend that you do so as soon as the applications become available.
For craft shows, $50 deposits may be made in lieu of full booth fee ONLY if the event is more than 30 days away when we RECEIVE your application. If you are accepted, the remaining balance MUST be RECEIVED NO LATER than 30 days before the event. A $15 late fee charge must be paid if your balance and/or application is RECEIVED less than 30 days prior to the show.
BALANCES/PAYMENTS: When paying your balance, please note the name of the festival on your check to assure payment is applied to the proper show. Also be sure to include your full name on the check to avoid confusion. Our database queries your last name, then first, not company name.
We accept credit cards, checks, cashiers checks, money orders or cash!
Make all checks, money orders and cashiers checks payable to American Craft Endeavors for craft shows.
If you are a first time exhibitor or have not done a show with ACE in at least 2 years and are applying within 30 days of a show, a credit card, money order, cashier’s check or cash for all applicable fees is REQUIRED.
Show fees and/or deposits will be returned to you un-cashed if you are not accepted.
DEADLINES: We do not have deadlines for our shows. Therefore, please keep in mind shows may be open when you contact us, but are subject to close at any time. In order to avoid being shut out due to show closures please submit early. We strongly recommend applying when the application becomes available. We have no way of knowing when a show will close as we receive many submissions a day and could prompt a shows closure without anticipation.
PROCESSING TIME: Please allow 2 to 4 weeks to process your application from the date it is received in our office. If a show is approaching, we will rush your submission in a timely manner. Please always try to apply as early as possible to make for a smooth process and to avoid late fees.
WAITING LIST: Please note there is a box on our application that reads "Yes! I would like to be waitlisted for any shows.” Checking this box means that you would like to be placed on the waitlist in the event that a show is closed at the time we process your application. We will contact you as early as possible IF any spaces become available. Please keep in mind that this may be as late as 2-3 days before the show. If you cannot work on short notice, the waitlist may not be the best option for you. If we call you from the waitlist to see if you would like to participate in the show, you have the option to turn us down without penalty. If you do not check the box, your submission will be returned to you to advise the show is closed and that you may resubmit for the waitlist. Checking the box will avoid these steps and will facilitate your addition to the show.
If you are waitlisted for a show, we will hold your check (un-cashed) and photos until you are placed in the show or until the event date has passed. If you are waitlisted for more than one show, we will hold on to your checks and photos until the last show you are waitlisted for passes.
CREDITS/REFUNDS: WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS; however, a credit (good for 2 years) will be issued if notification is made at least 30 days prior to a CRAFT show. Cancellations must be made in writing (email preferred) and received at our offices as per the dates outlined. Credits expire after 2 years and may be used toward booth fee payment. Credits for ACE shows can only be used for ACE shows.
CANCELLATIONS: You are responsible for FULL PAYMENT of show fee if cancellation is made for any reason less than 30 days prior to a CRAFT show. We understand that problems arise and everyone cancels for reasons beyond their control; however, please understand there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.
No Solicitation - Exhibitors are present at our shows for the purpose of representing their work. For that reason, no exhibitor, or their representatives, will engage in any type of solicitation of any products, supplies, shows, etc. during the course of the show, starting at the commencement of the event and ending at the end of breakdown of the said event. The exhibitors’ role is to sell their work and not engage in any other non-related business activities during the course of the event. Failure to comply could cause possible expulsion from the show.
All festivals are held outdoors and go on rain or shine. No credits or refunds will be issued if the show is affected by forces of nature beyond our control. Please check our website or contact the office for updates on cancellations resulting from severe weather such as hurricanes, tornados, flooding, etc. Please note, we will not cancel a show unless informed by state, city or local officials that it will be in the best interest of safety for all. If it looks like it is going to rain, unfortunately, we will not call a show prior to the event. It will be at the show coordinator’s discretion on site at the time.
CAREFULLY READ the rules & regulations before submitting. We make every attempt to review all information contained within the pages of this website and at the time of posting all information is believed to be accurate and complete. We are not responsible for any typographical errors. If we find one to have been made, we will immediately fix as needed. Management has final rights for interpretations and disclosure and reserves the right to change any information as it becomes necessary (i.e., show venue, parking locations, additional city licenses fees policies, etc.). Any changes will be disclosed to parties involved as soon as they become available to us. We will make every reasonable attempt via e-mail or phone, as we feel best for confirmed parties.
EXHIBITOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
►The staff at Howard Alan Events and American Craft Endeavors would like to thank you for your participation in our shows. In order for you to help us make our shows the best they can be, we have established some rules and regulations. To participate in our events, you MUST observe the following…
• All work must be original, handcrafted, created and exhibited by the approved artist themselves. Kits, imports, and mass produced items will not be tolerated. This rule is strictly enforced.
• All categories shall be reviewed, juried and screened prior to your acceptance. Any media NOT approved during the application process that appears in your both at an event will be removed.
• All applications require 3 photos of your work plus 1 photo of your outdoor display. We will not process your application without a photo of your outdoor display with the white 10x10 tent included in the image. INDOOR displays WILL NOT be accepted.
o We do NOT keep photos on file. You MUST resubmit photos with EACH application.
• Displays must be professional and aesthetically pleasing. All tents MUST be white and all racks MUST be covered. Handwritten signs and sale signs are strictly prohibited. Ribbons won from other shows may NOT be displayed. Please visit our website, www.ArtFestival.com to view our display requirements and tips. The goal is to make your tent look like a “mini” art gallery.
o Exhibitors will leave their exhibit space clean after packing up at break down. If your space is not clean after an event, you may be expelled from future shows.
• Please send a biography of you and your work. We like to have these on file for publicity opportunities.
• For most shows, a fifty dollar ($50) deposit may be made in lieu of the full booth fee ONLY if the event is thirty (30) days away or more. We also accept credit cards for payment of booth fees. A credit card authorization form is on the following page. Please visit our website to access additional credit card authorization forms or contact our office. If you are accepted into a show, the balance must be paid NO LATER than thirty (30) days before the event or a fifteen dollar ($15) late fee will be applied to the balance. If applying to a show close to the thirty (30) day cut-off date, please include the full booth fee with the application. If you are applying for a show past the thirty (30) day cut-off date, please include the $15 late fee with the show fee.
o It is VERY important that you include the event name and date on your checks to avoid miscommunication.
• First Time Exhibitors: If you are applying within 30 days or less before an event, a money order or cashiers check is required for the show fee!
• If you are not accepted into a show, your show fees/deposits will be returned to you un-cashed.
• For shows without deadlines, please keep in mind that the show(s) may be open when you contact us, but are subject to close at any time. To avoid missing a show, please submit early. Applying when the applications first become available is strongly recommended.
o Please allow 2 to 4 weeks to process your application once received in our office. You will not be charged a late fee if we receive your application more than 30 days before the show date, and are informed of your acceptance within 30 days of the show.
• Please include a self-addressed stamped postcard that we can date stamp and mail back to you the day your application is received at our office.
• WAITING LIST – Please note we have placed a box on the application that reads “WAITLIST IF CLOSED”. Checking this box means you would like to be placed on the waitlist in the event that a show is closed at the time we process your application. Once placed on the waitlist, the office will contact you as soon as we have an opening in the show. If an opening does not occur, we will return your show fee check uncashed, after the event takes place. If you are called from the waitlist, there is NO penalty if you do not accept the spot and your show fee will be immediately returned to you.
• CANCELLATIONS – THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLED SHOWS! However, a credit good for 2 years from the cancellation date will be issued to your account if you notify the office more than 30 days before the event date. The exhibitor is responsible for the entire show fee if the event is cancelled within 30 days of the show. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule! If you cancel an event within 30 days of the show date, you are liable for the show balance. You will not be able to exhibit in a future event until the show balance has been paid.
o All cancellations MUST be in writing (email preferred).
• The approved exhibitor will occupy his or her booth at all times. NO subletting or sharing of space is permitted. No representatives are allowed. Friendly pets are allowed at the shows.
• TAXES – Each exhibitor is responsible for collecting the state sales tax and filing a report with the local Department of Revenue.
• An accepted application is a commitment to display your work during ALL scheduled hours of the show. IF you are not present for any part of the show, you may be expelled from future shows.
• Bank Fees – A $25 bank fee will be charged on all returned checks. The check amount plus the $25 fee is payable with a money order, cashier’s check or cash. The fee may be higher with international checks.
• TENTS – Exhibitors are responsible for making their tents sturdy against wind, rain etc. Tents MUST be manufactured of flame-retardant materials. Staking into the pavement will NOT be permitted without written permission from the show director. Howard Alan Events/American Craft Endeavors is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property. Dollies are required for set-up and breakdown for most shows!
o If you would like to rent a tent for an event, please call The Tent Guys. The number is 561-374-1783. If doing so, please make a note of this on your application so the jury is aware of why you do not have a white 10x10 tent in your display image. You MUST set-up a 10x10 space outside and show us how you plan to display your work at the show.
o Exhibitors will receive an ample amount of booth space, which varies depending on the venue. Exhibitors will NOT take up any additional space without first consulting with a show coordinator. ALL WORK, DISPLAY and STORAGE WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE ASSIGNED EXHIBITOR SPACE.
• The exhibitor’s space shall be occupied by 7:45 a.m. the morning of the show or you will be considered a “no-show” and your space will be given away with no possible refund or credit. Vehicles MUST be removed from the show area by 8:30 a.m. unless otherwise specified.
• No Solicitation - Exhibitors are present at our shows for the purpose of representing their work. For that reason, no exhibitor, or their representatives, will engage in any type of solicitation of any products, supplies, shows, etc. during the course of the show, starting at the commencement of the event and ending at the end of breakdown of the said event. The exhibitors’ role is to sell their work and not engage in any other non-related business activities during the course of the event. Failure to comply could cause possible expulsion from the show.
• Set-Up and Breakdown times will be strictly enforced. Please see show confirmation for details.
• Management reserves the right to make final interpretations of all rules and regulations. Please read the general release on front of application before signing!